By Nevin Maguire
- 4x175g (6oz) hake fillets, skin on and pin bones removed
- 12 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Small handful of fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 120g (41⁄2oz) ball of buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- 2 tblsp basil pesto (shop-bought or homemade)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lightly dressed green salad, to serve
- Buttered baby boiled potatoes tossed in snipped fresh chives, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/gas mark 6).
Place the hake on a baking sheet, skin side down, and season the flesh.
Arrange the tomato slices on top and tuck in the basil leaves. Cover with the mozzarella and drizzle over the pesto.
Place the hake in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the hake is cooked through and the mozzarella is bubbling and lightly golden.
Transfer the hake with cherry tomatoes, basil and mozzarella to warmed plates and have bowls of green salad and buttered baby boiled potatoes to hand around separately.